Congrats to grant recipients!
A hearty congratulations to the area communities that won approval for bike/ped/transit projects through the Illinois Transportation Enhancements program!
| North Shore Channel Trail
The list includes both large and small-scale improvements that promise to transform travel for people throughout the region. Thanks to the Illinois Department of Transportation for getting this funding allocated.
The list includes:
- Cal-Sag Trail, Thorn Creek Trail, Sand Ridge Trail -- Cook County Forest Preserve District
- North Shore Channel Trail pedestrian bridge -- Chicago
- Millennium Trail -- Lake County Forest Preserve District
- Bike route signage and pavement markings -- Glenview
- Historic train station rehab -- Lake Forest
- Ladd Arboretum Multiuse Trail -- Evanston
- Bicycle transportation plan -- Palatine
- DuPage River Trail connection -- Plainfield
- Shoe Factory Road/I-90 bike and pedestrian project -- Hoffman Estates
- Hart Road Path improvements -- Barrington
- Prairie Path crossing project -- Kane County
Read the news release from the governor's office.