Partners and Supporters
The Neighborhood Bikeways Campaign is supported by the PeopleForBikes Green Lane Project and by contributions from Active Trans members.
The following Chicago aldermen have signed on in support of 100 miles of protected bike lanes:
- Joe Moreno (1st Ward): "I am pleased to help bring this initiative to the 1st Ward. I know that 1st warders will embrace an investment in safe routes and be among the first to take advantage of them."
- Pat Dowell (3rd Ward)
- Toni Foulkes (15th Ward)
- Walter Burnett, Jr. (27th Ward)
- Jason Ervin (28th Ward)
- Ariel Reboyras (30th Ward): "Protected lanes will not only make safer transportation, but also encourage more participation."
- Scott Waguespack (32nd Ward)
- Rey Colon (35th Ward): "The Bikeways phenomenon is about to overtake Chicago. It's an exciting time and I am proud to be a part of it."
- Margaret Laurino (39th Ward)
- Brendan Reilly (42nd Ward)
- Michele Smith (43rd Ward): "Lets make biking safe and easy for all Chicagoans."
- John Arena (45th Ward): "I look forward to bikeways being a key component of the transportation network in Chicago. I am proud to be a partner in this effort."
- James Cappleman (46th Ward): "With 40% of the people in our ward not owning cars, bicycling must be promoted as a safe, viable transportation option. Protected bike lanes are the key to achieving this objective."
- Ameya Pawar (47th Ward)
- Harry Osterman (48th Ward)